Friday, April 6, 2012

Workout #67 of 2012 ~ Killer Buns & Thighs Level 1


Before having kids, my legs were always my favorite body part.  I was a figure skater for 10 years, then ran cross country and track for two years.  My abs were always my problem area (and still bug me at times today).

After having Gavin (now almost 6), my hips definitely widened, stretching out my lower abs, making them the flattest they ever have been.  My legs were still pretty good, but I was not exercising like I do now, so I was just thin, not fit.  After having Kailee (now 2 and 1/2), my thighs have become my problem area.  My waist and abs are not too bad for someone who has had 2 pregnancies and 1 c-section, but my pants are snugger in the thigh area.  This is still new territory for me, so I am trying to do more to focus on that area--though I know you cannot spot reduce fat.

Today I did Jillian Michael's Killer Buns & Thighs level 1.  If you've never tried it, she incorporates cardio and strength but does not encourage the use of weights on your thighs.  Weight machines at the gym are for building muscle--and frankly, I don't want built thighs; I want long and lean thighs.  I think I'm gonna focus on these workouts a bit the next few weeks to encourage my thighs to shrink while still incorporating cardio (to reduce fat).

XOXO,

No comments:

Post a Comment