Sunday, April 8, 2012

Reflections on Lent ~ My Fast Food Fast


One of the things I gave up for Lent was fast food.  This is the first time I've given it up without cheating and for the most part, it was easy to do.  However, lately I have had CRAZY cravings for fast food, notably Taco Bueno and Jack-N-The-Box tacos.  Now that Lent is over and I can again have fast food, I have zero desire.  I know that will change--probably within the next couple of nights after work when I'm too tired to cook(and while Brady is still out of town)--but for now, I don't even want it.  

This is the longest I've ever gone in my entire life without fast food.  The reality is, fast food enables my laziness when it comes to cooking.  I have a few menu items among various chains that I like, but for the most part, it has been a convenience that we've heavily depended on in the last several months.  It took 40 days without it to really see that.  I thought I'd miss it more, but I haven't.  I've even been around McDonald's French fries many times throughout Lent, and I had ZERO trouble resisting them.  It made me realize that somewhere along the way, I began to believe I actually loved fast food.  

Like I said, I have some items I love (like Mexidips and chips, tostadas, tacos) but I don't love fast food like I thought I did.  I don't need it.  I am so glad to know this about myself as it will make it much easier to stay away from in the future.  We had become so lazy that we were eating fast food on average 3 times a week.  THREE TIMES A WEEK!  That's so bad!  I am so lucky I did not gain 20 pounds from it.

We'll see how much longer I last without it at all.

XOXO,

No comments:

Post a Comment