Sunday, April 15, 2012

Let's do this!

As I'm sitting my my couch with aching knees and ankles, I'm searching online for 5K races in DFW.  Why?  Because I am doing whatever I can to make running a part of my life again.  Right now my knees and ankles are not on board completely, but I'm taking my glucosamine chondroitin twice a day and icing after my workouts.  I plan to try to start the C25K program around June 5th (unless the supplement starts working sooner).  In the meantime, I'm scheduling longer elliptical workouts and pushing the distance.  I know it's not the same thing as running but every little bit helps.  The longer I can last, pushing hard on the elliptical, the easier it will be to transition to running.

I'm also looking into treadmills in the meantime.  I want to be able to mix up my cardio by being able to power-walk conveniently (and where I can adjust the incline).  The weather and the fact that I have small children make it difficult to get outdoors to power-walk.  A treadmill would help and will help once I can re-start the C25K program.

I'm praying all my efforts work and that my joints cooperate.

XOXO,

No comments:

Post a Comment