Thursday, April 5, 2012

Workout #66 of 2012 Cardio con Podcast

Tonight I felt like hopping on the elliptical and after reading a tweet recommending listening to health/fitness podcasts (specifically the Jillian Michaels Show), I decided to investigate.  The tweet (which I can't find to give the person credit, sadly) recommended starting a podcast mid-cardio when you start to lose interest, and basically begin to count down the minutes.  I decided to start with it from the beginning, planning to turn it off if I got bored and just read one of my magazines on my iPad.  I picked the top one listed on the Jillian Michaels show on iTunes and started my workout.  Let me just say, this made the time pass way faster than TV.  Typically, I prefer to read fitness/health magazines while on the elliptical; they keep me motivated to workout longer.  The podcast did the same thing.  As a huge Jillian Michaels fan, I am excited to see that there's a plethora of 50-minute podcasts that I can listen to straight through iTunes on my phone without having to download them.  Maybe soon I'll be willing and have the stamina to stay on the elliptical for 50-minute workouts :).  I certainly have the entertainment options to keep me going!

XOXO,

No comments:

Post a Comment