Thursday, August 2, 2012

Workout 144 of 2012 ~ C25K


Today's workout was AWESOME!  I did the Couch-to-5K Week 6 Day 1 workout and beforehand was quite scared.  Why?  Well, after my last C25K workout, I was terrified of the two 9-minute runs in this one.  Nevertheless I bravely attempted it; however, I did things differently, and it definitely helped. For starters, I visualized the runs ahead of time in preparation.  Next, I made sure I had a rockin' playlist of upbeat songs.  Finally, I paid attention to my breathing to keep it steady throughout since the treadmill keeps my pace for me.  It worked great, even with some interruptions (an important phone call and me accidentally pulling the emergency shut-off cord, oops!)

The next workout is the very scary 20-minute run.  I will definitely be visualizing and prepping a playlist to get ready.

XOXO,

No comments:

Post a Comment