Sunday, February 26, 2012

Walmart is after my Type 1 Diabetic Heart!

Last night I was in the mood for something sweet. As my husband and I were perusing the options at Walmart, we discovered the sugar free / no sugar added section in the bakery. Thankfully the advances in insulin make it where I can pretty much eat whatever I want and maintain control, but I still remember being a kid and having to miss out on brownies, cupcakes, etc. I teared up seeing all the options available now--thanks to America's focus on fitness. It makes my heart happy that there are options for diabetic kids. Even though we can eat a less limited diet now, sugar free is easier to control. There were even iced cookies that look exactly like the regular ones. I've never seen so many fresh sugar free bakery items in one place!

Thanks, Walmart for providing a wide range of options beyond the typical sugar free candy and packaged cookies.

XOXO,

No comments:

Post a Comment