Friday, March 16, 2012

Inspiration does not generate action. Action generates inspiration.

I read this tweet by Chris Freytag this morning and it really struck a chord with me.  The quote reads: "We should be taught not to wait for inspiration to start.  Action always generates inspiration.  Inspiration seldom generates action."

I see the truth in this quote with almost every workout I do.  Anyone who reads my blog can also see the truth because I often consider doing a second workout after my first because I feel so inspired.  I'm rarely inspired before I workout, but after, I'm almost always inspired to do more.

So how do you start when you aren't inspired?  Like I've said before, AUTOPILOT.  Put on the workout clothes, shoes and just start.  Turn down the volume in your head, and treat working out as a part of your daily routine.  Some days it will be easier, others it will be harder.  You may not be inspired before, but you most certainly will be after!

XOXO,

No comments:

Post a Comment