Friday, March 2, 2012

Weigh-in

I haven't weighed in in awhile because I choose to avoid the scale at all costs since I used to obsess about it daily--weighing 10-50 times a day. I knew I gained weight over the holidays despite all my workouts.  This is of course because you can eat your way through any exercise program.  We had gotten lazy and were eating out several times a week (3-5 times).  I last weighed sometime in January and weighed 145.  I was relieved I hadn't gained more than 5 pounds in our unhealthy eating habits and set my sights on Lent as a time to fix the dietary problems.  I actually started making changes a little before Lent but Lent is when I officially gave up fast food.  It's been 10 days since I ate fast food and I'm happy to report that this morning I weighed in at 141.2.  I am excited to be back on track and to feel healthier.  While I'm not going to say that I will never have fast food again, my hope and goal is that Lent will put us back into a healthier pattern.  We used to have fast food once a week and eat out an additional time over the weekend.  I don't want us to exceed that.  We can't allow ourselves to get lazy just because we are tired after work.  

I'm hoping to be 139 again soon--I just LOVE being able to say I'm in the 130s, even if barely! :)

XOXO,

No comments:

Post a Comment