Monday, March 26, 2012

Workout #58 and 59 of 2012 - Not my finest....

Workout 58 - Monitoring the STAAR test today I walked around off and on for 4 hours.  I began by not allowing myself to sit down until the entire first hour passed.  I have noticed myself becoming too perfectionistic lately so I'm making myself count this even though it's low impact. I don't ever want to get to a point where I diminish the value of any kind of workout.  When I start doing that, I start discounting things I used to count as workouts and then eventually quit because my expectations have exceeded reality.

Workout 59 - Tonight I tried to complete Ripped in 30 week 4 but had to quit in the middle of the 2nd circuit thanks to VERY low bloodsugar.  Again, I am making myself count this because I don't want to diminish the value of doing something active.  While it may not be my finest or my longest workout, it was a workout.

This is not about perfection, it's about progress.  Perfection does not exist but I can see my progress everyday and with every workout.  I don't want to go down the road of perfectionism, unrealistic expectations, setting myself up for failure.  I refuse to do that to myself.  So while I'm disappointed that my diabetes got in the way tonight, I am glad I got through one circuit--it is a pretty tough circuit that definitely got my heart rate up, burned some fat and built some muscle :).

By the way, it is KILLING me to count these.  I feel like I'm cheating.

XOXO,

No comments:

Post a Comment