Saturday, February 12, 2011

Workout 12 of 2011

Today I decided to bring out an oldie but a goodie: The 30 Day Shred.  I just did level 2 and it totally kicked my butt.  I forgot how hardcore the shred is and could only find my 3lb weights.  I was seriously missing my 2lb weights but the kids have misplaced those :(.  The hardest part of the shred is the minute long weight exercises.  In Jillian Michaels' other DVDs, you do around 15 reps of each exercise.  In the shred, for each 3 minute strength portion, you do 30 seconds of one exercise, 1 minute of a combo (arms and legs) exercise and then repeat.  I wouldn't have had as much of a problem with lighter weights, but those 3lb weights about did me in.  What's funny to me is that I remember this circuit being hard for the plank moves which no longer kill me as badly.  I guess I've built up some strength for the plank moves but not enough for my 3lb weights while doing the shred.  I'll get there :).

No comments:

Post a Comment