Monday, March 7, 2011

Workout 21 of 2011 (Ripped in 30, Level 2 Day 1)

I couldn't wait any longer, I had to try level 2!  It was HARD.  There are so many plank moves that my arms are still shaky.  During the cardio section of circuit 3, my TV started messing up so I could not really see how the moves were supposed to be executed for the rest of the workout.  I managed as best as I could but definitely need to make sure the TV has had it's 30 minutes of freak-out time (the screen races) before working out.

Something difficult for me is that this level requires more flexibility.  I know that Jillian Michaels is "notoriously inflexible" (her words) but compared to me, she's the most flexible person in the world.  I need to look into moves to increase flexibility.  I can't even touch my toes without bending my legs and when stretching, I can only touch my right toes.  My left are beyond my grasp.

Another thing I've noticed is that she's made some of the modified moves more difficult than they have been on other DVDs.  For example, Mountain Climbers have more spring even in the modified version.  Is it sad that I still immediately assume I need the modified version after all this time?  Sometimes I do, but most of the time, I should be pushing myself towards the advanced move.

I may go back to level one the next 2 days before officially moving up to level 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment