Sunday, May 22, 2011

Tip of the Week ~ Toss out the Scale




I know, I know, I have a section on weigh-ins so this may seem hypocritical but for years I did not have a scale.  The scale was--and sometimes still is--stressful.  It can be an all-consuming source of anxiety during weight loss and maintenance.  I went through a period of time where I weighed at least 10 times a day just "to see."  I don't do that anymore, THANK GOODNESS, and I don't weigh very often.  I was weighing often during my weight loss journey, but often meant once a week.  Now that I'm on maintenance, I'm down to once a month, if even that often.  There's NO need to weigh all the time.  So consider removing the stressor.  I have even closed my eyes at the doctor and requested that they not tell me my weight.

After all, there really is only one magic number to each and every girl and if it's not that magic number, our day can be ruined by the 2 seconds we spend on the scale.

XOXO,

No comments:

Post a Comment