Sunday, November 4, 2012

Workouts 197, 198 & 199

I haven't been diligent about blogging lately, but basically, I've been running twice a week.  All three of these workouts were runs on different days.

Saturday, October 27th - Workout 197.  I ran 4.5 miles in my new Brooks shoes and it felt AWFUL!  My feet were in excruciating pain for the first two miles but I pushed through.  This one was done outside at my mom's house.

Tuesday, October 30th - Workout 198. I ran 5 miles on the treadmill in my new shoes and it was painful and difficult with the diabetes.  I was 110 pre-workout, had 6 shot bloks before starting, at 6 more in the first 4 miles and finished out at 5 miles.

Saturday, November 3rd - Workout 199.  My ankles were killing me as I began so I switched back to my old shoes.  It didn't really seem to help other than making it easier for me to find my stride.  I knew my bloodsugar wouldn't last for a long run so I did 3.1 miles in just under 31 minutes.  Today my left ankle in particular is quite sore.  Honestly, I should probably go to a doctor, but that's just going to have to wait until Christmas break.  In the meantime, I plan to do a lot of ankle strengthening activities.

I have my first 10K on Saturday!  I'm super-excited and nervous with these ankles and having only run 5 miles!

XOXO,

No comments:

Post a Comment