Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Workout 57 of 2011 (On Demand Workouts)

I decided today to start going through the On-Demand free workout videos by Fitness TV.  I just began going through the list in order on AT&T U-Verse On-Demand.  I decided to do my own warmup before beginning which turned out to be a great idea.  This is because the short, free videos do not necessarily include a warmup beyond one or two moves.  More is necessary to prevent injury.


First, I did 10 10 10 Fat-Burn for intermediates.  This is strictly a strength workout that requires 1 light weight and one heavy weight--the instructor used 5 and 8 pound weights.  As my heaviest hand-weight is 3 pounds, I found most of the moves VERY easy.  I tried to complete some of the moves with my 5 and 10 pound kettlebells but it didn't really work right.  I am not sure this is a workout I'll do again though I do recommend it for beginners who have limited experience with free-weights.


After completing the first workout on the list, I felt I needed some cardio so I moved on to the next one, 10 Minute Buns & Thighs.  Now this was a workout!!!!  I feel like my 10 minutes were well-spent, and I'm sure I'm going to be sore tomorrow.  My only concern is that people with little experience with squats might not know the right form.  As a seasoned squatter :), I know that you don't bring your knees over your feet but lean back to prevent injury.  If you are not as seasoned, it would be beneficial to research proper squatting form before attempting this workout.

I had fun in my workout today and contemplated doing one more 10-minute video, but decided to wait.  I wanted to end my workout energized and eager for more rather than tired and less likely to stay motivated.

More to come about other On-Demand videos!

XOXO,

No comments:

Post a Comment