Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Workout 1 of 2011: 6 week six-pack

Woohoo!  It only took me 5 days into 2011 to finally step up and do the first workout.  As my brother-in-law pointed out on Facebook today: it's never the first workout that's hard, it's workout #2, 3, 4 etc...

Well I finally got Jillian Michaels' 6 week Six-Pack DVD, and tonight I did level 1.  It about kicked my butt!  This is the first of all of her DVDs in which I could physically do the the warmup as she did not incorporate any jumping moves.  My knees and ankles refuse to cooperate with those types of activities.  The workout is very hardcore and did have a few exercises that I cannot do at this point in time; one of which, I'm not sure I will ever actually be able to do because of the strain on the ankles and elbows (apparently I also have weak elbows--maybe I just have bad joints).  The only relief was that you do one circuit twice through.   I kept thinking, "There's NO way this video is only 35 minutes" because usually when she says 2 circuits, she means you do a set of exercises twice through and then move on to a new set of exercises twice through.

Although she recommends doing level 1 for 15 days and level 2 for 15 days (while working out a minimum of 5 days a week), I probably won't follow that schedule.  I don't know that I have the commitment, energy, and/or time to do that now.  But I do plan to keep up with at least 2 workouts a week (hopefully 3, but as long as I do 2 a week, I should EASILY reach my goal of 100 workouts in 2011).

No comments:

Post a Comment