Thursday, January 27, 2011

Workout #4 of 2011

Last night, I was so motivated to workout but alas, my bloodsugar refused to go above 74.  While that's awesome normally, when I want to workout, I need my starting bloodsugar to be around 150, otherwise I go low.

Fast-forward to tonight and I was not motivated AT ALL.  To top it off, I spent my preferential workout time (between 7 and 8pm) folding laundry and organizing.  Once we got the kids down at 8, I had to really pump myself up to do the workout and am I ever glad I did.  This was one of those nights that the minutes on the elliptical flew by.  I was planning on doing 15 minutes on the elliptical and then 2 circuits of No More Trouble Zones.  Well, the first time I checked the time, I had been on for 12 minutes already--normally my first check is right around 7 minutes.  The next was after 15 minutes so I decided to just stay on until 20 (I like to end at a multiple of 5 or 10 or else it bothers me).  Now you might be wondering what my entertainment was on the elliptical.  I could watch TV (but Brady was playing Gavin's game, Epic Mickey) but even that doesn't hold my attention on there for long, especially if I'm trying to fast-forward through commercials.  No, I have found what will keep me on the elliptical for longer periods of time without boredom... My Nook Color!  I am reading Hunger Games but I have the self-imposed rule of only reading Hunger Games while working out.  The book is hard to put down, so it keeps me from even worrying about how much longer I have to workout.  I'm such a genius!

After 20 minutes on the elliptical, I did the ab circuit (circuit 2) of the DVD while listening to music (I have that circuit memorized).  So I got a 25 minute workout (not counting warmup and cool-down) and felt GREAT throughout!

All in all, it was one of those workouts that makes me motivated to do more.  I hope this motivation lasts!

No comments:

Post a Comment