Saturday, July 24, 2010

Workout July 23rd

So I went on vacation Sunday-Wednesday and guess what, I injured my big toe on Monday!  After coming home, I gave myself a couple of days of rest but managed to workout yesterday.  It went VERY well though I'm officially sick of my elliptical.  I had to do all of my cardio on the elliptical and adjust some of the lower body moves to accommodate for my big toe but I DID IT!  I was going to workout today to make up for lost time but decided that if I keep working out on off days, I will never stay on my schedule (which is supposed to have Tuesdays and Saturdays off--making it perfect that weekly swim lessons are going to be on Tuesday nights after school starts).

When I realized my knees/ankles would not allow me to do all the cardio in the 30DS I FREAKED OUT and about gave up.  Once I realized the value of the elliptical, I learned that all hope was not lost.  My first thought with my toe was, "Oh no!  Now I'm not going to reach my goal for my birthday!"  But then I realized, "So you are going to have to adjust and you may not be able to everything but that's okay.  You will not give up because of a minor setback!"  So I'm proud of myself for not freaking out totally.

No comments:

Post a Comment